Thursday, November 13, 2008

Baby Mason's Big Arrival

A picture of my belly, right before delivery. We decided to just go ahead with repeat c-section after a long and hard weekend of trying to self induce labor, with two doctor appointments that were very disappointing (no dilation, baby still very high, and no signs that I was going to go into labor on my own!) I was ready to have this baby!

Daddy preparing for surgery!


Mason Danny Frazier has arrived!

Born at 9:17 pm on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008.
He was 8 lbs. 8 oz, and 21 inches.

Mommy visiting Mason in the NICU. This may sound scary, but we actually were able to be with Mason right after the delivery. And even after I was all sewn up, we got to take him back to the room and I was able to nurse him. He went up to the nursery, got his bath, and his checkup, and then came to my room for a couple of hours. At his next trip to the nursery, they noticed that he was not maintaining his body temperature, and was having some breathing problems. The doctor recommended he go down to the NICU to get checked out. So he went down around 5 am Thursday morning. He ended up having some fluid in his lungs that was making it hard for him to get enough oxygen breathing on his own. So he got put on oxygen, and an I.V. until the fluid got out of his lungs. They said this happens a lot to babies who are born via c-section, because they don't go through all the pushing and squeezing of labor that normally pushes the fluid out. He was fine, just needed some extra care for a while. By Thursday night he was off the oxygen, and I was able to start going down and feeding him. Friday morning they started having me come down every three hours to nurse and then supplement with a bottle to get him off the I.V. We continued this and he was soon off the I.V. by Friday afternoon because he was maintaining his blood sugar. After a long night of making trips down to the NICU, and another long day, he was released Saturday around 5 pm. We were so happy to be with our baby again!

Down in the NICU they got to wear jammies and have colored blankets in their cribs. They make it so nice for the babies down there, and there is one nurse that cares for maybe one to three babies. They are well taken care of, and nurses are very nice!

Proud Daddy

I'm a mother of two!

Homecoming outfit

Time to go home! Sunday Nov. 9th

Mesmerized by the living room lamp
Wednesday, Nov 12

After giving his hair a little washing, it was getting a little greasy!
When wet, I do see hints of curl in this boy's full head of hair!
Thursday, Nov. 13

He really likes to suck on his fingers, I thought it was so cute, he found the middle two!

4 comments:

Maren said...

Hey Kelsey its Maren!
He is so cute. You will have lots of fun blogging. I juast started in October and im already loving it. Cant wait to hear more about your family and your new little baby boy. Talk to you later! Love You.
Maren

Edna Guerrero said...

Hey hey!! Karilyn told me you had a blog! Yay! What a beautiful baby! CongratS!!!

Kenna said...

Hey Kelsey & Marcus! Congratulations on your handsome little boy! I didn't realize you guys were having another baby..awesome! What a beautiful family!!!

~Jared & Kenna Jones

Shayne and Chelsea Heap said...

Congrats on your new arrival! You guys look so happy!